What is the difference between Minecraft 0.15.0 and 0.14?
The main difference between Minecraft 0.15.0 and 0.14 is that 0.15.0 offers players a significantly larger world to explore, as well as a host of new features and gameplay mechanics. Notable additions in 0.15.0 include the Wither boss battle, Nether wart farming, and the ability to tame and ride horses. While many of the changes in 0.15.0 are welcome additions, some long-time fans of Minecraft may find the new world size to be overwhelming. Players who prefer smaller, more intimate game worlds may want to stick with 0.14, or download a custom map that better suits their needs.
What is new in Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.15.0?
- The Nether Update: Adds new blocks, mobs, and items to the Nether dimension.
- The WitherStorm Boss Fight: A new boss battle against the WitherStorm.
- The End Update: Adds new blocks, mobs, and items to The End dimension.
- JourneyMap Mod Support: Adds support for the JourneyMap mod.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.15.0 Additions:
- Added llamas- Added leads
- Added saddles
- Added carpets
- Added hardcoded ‘flat world’ option in superflat preset picker
- Added experimental color palette for maps ( accessed by long pressing on map item after selecting ‘Edit Map Items’)
- Added wolf collars
- Added beacons -Added Nether wart blocks
- Added red nether brick
- Added quartz pillars
- Added chiseled quartz blocks
- Smooth Lighting can now be toggled per world
- Edit: You can now edit sign text by tapping on the pencil icon that appears when you tap on a sign.
Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.15.0 Pistons:
Pistons are now available in Pocket Edition! Pistons can be used to push blocks around, making for some interesting possibilities. For example, you can use them to create moving walls or doors. You can also use them to create complex machines and contraptions.
To use a piston, simply place it down and right-click on it. You’ll see a few options: extend, retract, and destroy. Extend will make the piston push out the block in front of it, while retract will make the piston pull the block back. Destroy will break the piston entirely.
Pistons can be powered by redstone dust, which you can place on the ground next to the piston. When the dust is powered (by a redstone torch, for example), the piston will extend or retract.
Have fun with pistons, and be sure to show us what you build!
Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.15.0 Items:
- New Block: Nether Wart Block
- New Items: Nether Star, Chorus Fruit, Chorus Plant, Popped Chorus Fruit, Beetroot Seeds, Beetroot Soup, Raw Rabbit, Cooked Rabbit
- New Mobs: Guardian, Elder Guardian -New Biomes: Mesa (Bryce), Birch Forest, Roofed Forest, Extreme Hills+
- Added a new world type
- Amplified. A custom world type which is similar to the default extreme hills biome, but with much higher mountains.
Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.15.0 was released on July 29th 2015 for Android and August 4th for iOS. This update added many features that were previously exclusive to the console editions, such as item frames and fire charges.
New blocks included Nether wart block, chorus plant and popped chorus fruit. New items included the nether star, chorus fruit, beetroot seeds and soup, raw rabbit and cooked rabbit. New mobs added were the Guardian and Elder Guardian, both of which could only be found in the Ocean Monument.
Finally, three new biomes were added; Mesa (Bryce), Birch Forest and Roofed Forest. The update also added a new world type known as Amplified. This world type is similar to extreme hills but with much taller mountains. -Nether Wart Block: A block that is crafted from 9 Nether Wart. It can be used as a decoration or a fuel in furnaces.
Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.15.0 FAQ
A lot! New blocks, items, mobs, and more. Check out the full list of changes here:
If you’re playing on Android device, you can update to the latest version at our site. If you’re playing on Windows 10, you can get the update by opening the Minecraft launcher and selecting “Launch options.” From there, select the “Use latest version” option and click “Done.” The game will then update to the latest version. If you’re playing on any other platform, including Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Gear VR, Fire TV, or Windows Phone, you’ll need to wait for the update to be released on your platform.
First, make sure that you’re running the latest version of the game. If you’re playing on an iOS or Android device, you can check for updates through your respective app store. If you’re playing on Windows 10, you can check for updates by opening the Minecraft launcher and selecting “Launch options.” From there, select the “Check for updates” option and click “Done.” The game will then check for updates and prompt you to install any that are available.