Download Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.17 for free
Welcome to the Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.17 update!
Minecraft PE 0.17 update was released on December 20, 2016. This is a major update with many new features and changes.
One of the most noticeable changes in this update is the addition of The End dimension. The End is a dark and dangerous place where players can battle the ender dragon. To get to The End, players must first find a portal block. Portal blocks can be found in strongholds or created by using obsidian blocks.
Another major change in this update is the addition of Elytra wings. Elytra wings can be used to glide through the air, allowing players to explore the world in new ways. Elytra wings can be found in end cities or crafted from firework rockets and leathered dragon scales.
This update contains a number of new features and improvements, including:
- New blocks: red sandstone, sponges, kelp, sea grass
- New items: fishing rod, lead, map
- New mobs: squid, guardian, elder guardian
- Improved AI for mobs
- Improved world generation
- Performance improvements
Other notable changes in this update include:
- New blocks: Dragon egg, end stone, ender chest, chorus plant, purpur block, stained glass
- New items: Elytra wings, ender pearl, eye of ender, firework rocket, dragon head
- New mobs: Shulker, Endermite
- Changes to hunger and health system
- Improved maps and map rendering
- And more!
Other new features in Minecraft PE 0.17 include goal posts, which can be used to set up mini-games or challenges for yourself and your friends; shield blocks, which offer extra protection when defending against enemy attacks; a new ‘frost walker’ enchantment for boots, which allows you to walk across water without taking damage; and many more!