Is there anything I need to know before downloading Minecraft PE 1.0.2?
Before downloading the Minecraft PE 1.0.2 update, make sure to back up your world data first! You can find instructions on how to do this here.
Once you have your world data backed up, you can download the update by opening the Minecraft PE game and going to Settings > Global Resources > Update. The game will automatically download and install the update for you.
What’s new in Minecraft PE 1.0.2?
Some of the major changes in Minecraft PE 1.0.2 include:
- The new splash screen!
- New sound effects for doors, chests, and more
- Improved support for external controllers
- New achievements and challenges
- New game rules, such as the ability to turn off command blocks
- The map size has been increased from 8km x 8km to 10km x 10km
- And more!
Minecraft PE 1.0.2 fixes:
- A lot of crash and stability fixes
- Some performance improvements
- A few tweaks and fixes for gameplay mechanics and blocks
- Fixes to some graphical issues
How to install Minecraft PE 1.0.2?
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Make sure you have a compatible version of Minecraft installed
- Download Minecraft 1.0.2 update from the link above.
- Run the update and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enjoy your updated game!
Minecraft PE 1.0.2 FAQ
A lot of things! For a full list of changes, check out the Minecraft PE 1.0.2 patch notes.
The easiest way is to download it from our site, Google Play Store, or the App Store. If you’re playing on a Windows 10 device, you can also get it from the Microsoft Store.
If you’re having trouble installing the update, try restarting