Minecraft PE 1.16.1.03 is now available for iOS, Android, Windows 10, and more. This update includes fixes for several bugs and crashes.
This is a quick hotfix update to address some of the most common crashes that were affecting players. We’re also continuing to work on a more comprehensive fix for 1.16 compatibility which will be released in the coming weeks.
Is there anything I need to know before downloading Minecraft PE 1.16.1.03?
Before downloading any game update, we recommend backing up your world first. This helps to ensure that you don’t lose any progress in case there are any issues with the update.
To back up your world on iOS, open the Settings app and tap on iCloud. From here, you can select which apps will be backed up. Make sure that Minecraft is selected and then tap on ‘Back Up Now’.
For Android devices, you can back up your world by going to the Settings menu within the game. From here, select ‘Worlds’ and then ‘Backup World’. You can also do this from the main menu by selecting ‘Play’ and then ‘Backup World’.
Windows 10 players can find their saves located in the following directory:
To back up your world on Xbox One, open the main menu and select ‘Manage World’. From here, select ‘Backups’ and then ‘Back Up World’. For Nintendo Switch, go to the home screen and select ‘System Settings’. From here, select ‘Data Management’ and then ‘Save Data/Screenshots’. Select ‘Minecraft’ and then choose which world you would like to back up.
If you have any other questions about Minecraft PE 1.16.1.03, feel free to ask us in the comments section below.
What’s new in Minecraft PE 1.16.1.03?
This update includes fixes for several bugs and crashes.
Minecraft PE 1.16.1.03 fixes:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading chunks
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to join a server
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the /fill command
- Fixed several issues with incorrect block states being used when loading chunks
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to respawn after dying in the End dimension
- Fixed an issue where some players would not be able to connect to servers
- Fixed an issue with paintings being placed incorrectly on certain block types
- Fixed an issue with redstone repeaters not updating correctly when powered by a comparator
- Fixed an issue with banners not being able to be placed on item frames
- Fixed an issue with beehives not spawning bees correctly
- Fixed an issue where TNT blocks would not drop as items when destroyed by a player
- Fixed an issue where certain furnace recipes were not being unlocked correctly
- Fixed an issue with the hitboxes of some entities being incorrect
How to install Minecraft PE 1.16.1.03?
Installing Minecraft PE 1.16.1.03 is a simple process. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be up and running in no time.
For iOS devices, simply head to the App Store and update your game from there. For Android devices, open up the Google Play Store and search for Minecraft. Once the game appears, select Update.
Windows 10 players can update their game by opening the Microsoft Store and selecting ‘Downloads and Updates’. From here, select ‘Check for Updates’ and then install any available updates.
Xbox One players will need to have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription to download updates for Minecraft. Once you have that, open up the game and select ‘Play’ from the main menu. From here, select ‘Online’ and then ‘Join Realm’. Once you’re in the realm, select the three dots in the top right corner and select ‘Add-Ons’. From here, select ‘Update Add-Ons’ and then install any available updates.
Nintendo Switch players can update their game by opening the Nintendo eShop and selecting ‘Downloadable Software’. From here, select Minecraft and then select ‘Update Software’. Install any available updates and you’ll be all set.
Minecraft PE updates 1.16.1.03 FAQ:
The 1.16.1.03 update is only available for Minecraft PE players on iOS, Android, Windows 10, and Xbox One. If you’re playing on any other platform, you won’t be able to update to this version.
Yes, your world will still be compatible with the 1.16.1.03 update. However, we recommend backing up your world before updating, just in case anything goes wrong.
If you’re having trouble installing the 1.16.1.03 update, make sure you have enough storage space on your device and that you’re connected to a stable internet connection. If that doesn’t help, try restarting your device and then trying again. If you’re still having trouble, you can contact Mojang support for help.