The first release of the Nether Update, was added to Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Pocket Edition on June 23, 2020. This update overhauls the Nether adds several new biomes and mobs, as well as many new blocks and items.
Is there anything I need to know before downloading Minecraft PE 1.16.1?
Before you download and install Minecraft PE 1.16.1, we recommend that you check out the full list of changes and additions. As always, we also recommend that you back up your world before updating.
What’s new in Minecraft PE 1.16.1?
The Nether Update is a huge overhaul to the Nether, adding several new biomes and mobs, as well as many new blocks and items.
Some of the highlights of this update include:
- The Wart Block, a new block found in the Nether
- The Crimson Forest and Warped Forest biomes, two new biomes added to the Nether
- The Piglin, a new mob found in the Nether
- The Hoglin, a new mob found in the Crimson Forest
- The Zoglin, a new mob found in the Warped Forest
- And much more!
Minecraft PE 1.16.1 fixes:
- Fixed several crashes that could occur while playing the game
- Fixed an issue where some players would not receive rewards after completing a mission
- Fixed an issue with villagers not behaving correctly when their jobs are changed
- Fixed an issue with pillagers not spawning correctly in some biomes
- And more!
How to install Minecraft PE 1.16.1?
To install Minecraft PE 1.16.1, simply follow the instructions below:
- Download the update file from the link below
- Open the file and tap “Install”
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Launch Minecraft PE and enjoy the new features!
Minecraft PE updates 1.16.1 FAQ:
The Nether Update is compatible with all devices that can run Minecraft PE 1.16.0 or higher.
Yes, you will need an active internet connection to download the update file.
The update file is approximately 50 MB.
The Nether Update is a free update that adds a slew of new features and content to Minecraft PE. The full version of Minecraft includes all of the content from previous updates, as well as additional features such as worlds that are twice as large.