Is there anything I need to know before downloading Minecraft PE 1.18.1?
Yes, there are a few things you should keep in mind before downloading and installing the Minecraft PE 1.18.1 update. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Make sure your device has enough storage space to accommodate the download and installation of the update.
- If you’re using an older version of Minecraft PE, you’ll need to update to the latest version before installing 1.18.1.
- Backed up your world save files before updating, just in case something goes wrong during the update process.
Once you’ve considered these things, you can go ahead and download Minecraft PE 1.18.1 from the official website or from your device’s app store. Once the download is complete, simply follow the instructions to install the update and you’ll be ready to play!
What’s new in Minecraft PE 1.18.1?
- Added a new experimental Game Mode: Education Edition
- Updated the in-game skin picker
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Added support for custom player skins
- Added support for signing in with a Microsoft account
- Added new achievements
- Added new sound effects and music tracks
- The game now requires at least iOS 11.0 or Android 5.0 to run
- Multiplayer servers now require players to be on the same version of Minecraft PE in order to connect
- The “Create New World” screen has been redesigned
- The loading screen has been updated with new tips and information
- The game’s icon has been updated on iOS devices
- Added a new “Experimental Features” toggle in the settings menu, which allows players to test out upcoming features that may be unstable
- Mushrooms can now be found in the Nether
- Added new item: Glowstone Dust
- Added new block: Nether Brick Fence Gate
- Added new mob: Magma Cube
- Added new sound effects for doors, chests, and more
- New music tracks have been added to the game.
Minecraft PE 1.18.1 fixes:
- Fixes an issue where some multiplayer servers would not show up in the server list
- Fixes a crash that could occur when using sign text with certain characters
- Fixes a crash that could occur on Nintendo Switch when attempting to connect to a server
How to install Minecraft PE 1.18.1?
To install the Minecraft PE 1.18.1 update, you need to have a compatible device. The game isn’t supported on all devices, so make sure your device is able to run it before beginning the installation process.
If you’re unsure whether your device can run the game, you can check the list of compatible devices on the official Minecraft website.
Once you’ve confirmed that your device can run the game, you can begin the installation process by following these steps:
1. Make sure you have enough storage space on your device for the update. The size of the update will vary depending on your device, but it’s generally between 100 MB and 200 MB.
2. Download the update from the official Minecraft website or from your device’s app store.
3. Install the update on your device.
4. Launch Minecraft PE and enjoy the new features and content!
Minecraft PE updates 1.18.1 FAQ:
The main change in 1.18.1 is the fix for the “Village Pathfinding” bug, which caused certain mobs to get stuck while pathfinding around villages.
If you’re playing on a compatible device, you should be prompted to update the game automatically. If not, head to the App Store or Google Play and update manually.
The following devices are compatible with the 1.18.1 update:
– iOS: iPhone 6S or newer, iPad 5th generation or newer, iPod touch 7th generation or newer
– Android: Requires Android 7.0 or higher
– Windows 10: Requires the Fall Creators Update or higher
– Xbox One: Minecraft Bedrock Edition 1.18.1 is available as an update from the Xbox Store
– Nintendo Switch: Requires system version 6.0.0 or higher
– PlayStation 4: Update 1.18.1 is available from the PlayStation Store