Is there anything I need to know before downloading Minecraft PE 1.2.2?
If you’re playing on a Windows 10 device, you’ll need to have the Anniversary Update or higher installed in order to play Minecraft PE 1.2.2.
What’s new in Minecraft PE 1.2.2?
There are a number of changes and additions included in Minecraft PE 1.2.2, including:
- The Wither has been added! This fearsome new boss mob can be summoned using a three-headed skeleton skull and soul sand and will drop Nether Star items when defeated
- The Wither Rose item has been added. When crafted with a Nether Wart, this item can be used to heal the Wither
- Nether Wart Blocks have been added. These blocks can be used as a decorative items, or to create a safe place to grow Nether Warts
- The Chorus Plant has been added. This new plant can be found in the Nether, and when grown can be used to create Chorus Fruit items
- Chorus Fruit items can now be eaten. When eaten, these items will cause the player to teleport a short distance
- The Loom block has been added. This new block can be used to create banners and patterns for use on banners
- Two new types of stained glass have been added: red stained glass and blue stained glass
- A new type of carpet, Chiseled Quartz Carpet, has been added
- New sound effects have been added for doors, chests, and other blocks
- A number of bugs and issues have been fixed in Minecraft PE 1.2.2. For a full list of changes, please see the Minecraft PE 1.2.2 patch notes
Minecraft PE 1.2.2 is a great update that adds a lot of new content to the game. Be sure to check it out today!
Minecraft PE 1.2.2 fixes:
- Fixed a crash when joining a server
- Fixed several bugs related to world generation
- Performance improvements
- Minor fixes and changes
Minecraft PE 1.2.2 also adds the following features:
- Added “amplified” world type
- Added New biome: Mesa
- Added New biome: Mutated Biomes
How to install Minecraft PE 1.2.2?
To install the Minecraft PE 1.2.2 update, simply follow these steps:
1) Open the Microsoft Store on your device and search for “Minecraft Pocket Edition”
2) Tap on the “Update” button for the Minecraft Pocket Edition app
3) The update will now begin downloading and installing onto your device
4) Once the update has been installed, you can launch Minecraft PE and begin playing!
Minecraft PE update 1.2.2 FAQ:
The main addition in the Minecraft PE update 1.2.2 is the Wither, a powerful boss mob that can be found in Nether fortresses. Other changes include a new map type (the Void World), new sound effects, and various bug fixes.
The Wither can be spawned by using a Soul Sand block and three Wither Skeleton skulls. For more information, check out our guide on How to Spawn the Wither in Minecraft PE.
The Void World is a new map type that can be accessed by tapping the world icon in the world selection menu, and then selecting “Create New World.” In the Void World, there is no terrain – it’s just an empty void. However, you can still spawn mobs and build structures as normal.
The new sound effects can be found in the “Sounds” section of the options menu. Simply tap on the sound you want to hear, and then select “Play.”
A number of bugs have been fixed in Minecraft PE update 1.2.2, including:
– Mobs no longer despawn when you leave a world and come back
– Fireballs now damage mobs that are immune to fire
– Nether Warts now grow faster on Soul Sand
– The Wither no longer instantly kills players with full health
For a full list of bug fixes, check out the official Minecraft PE 1.2.2 patch notes.