Is there anything I need to know before downloading Minecraft PE 1.8.1?
The 1.8.1 update for Minecraft Pocket Edition was released on December 17, 2018, for Nintendo Switch, and on January 8, 2019, for Android, iOS, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Gear VR, Xbox One, and Fire OS. This update added a few features and made various changes and bug fixes.
What’s new in Minecraft PE 1.8.1?
- New achievements
- A map marker for your last death location
- The ability to share worlds with other players on your local network
- A new ‘flat world’ option for world creation
If you’re planning on downloading this update, make sure to back up your existing world first as it is not compatible with the 1.8.1 update.
Minecraft PE 1.8.1 fixes:
- Incorrect map rendering when using a resource pack
- Mobs not spawning in certain areas
- Signs not working correctly in multiplayer
- Items disappearing from chests
- Crash when opening the world options menu
- Various other crashes and bugs
How to install Minecraft PE 1.8.1?
- If you’re using an iOS device, you will need to update to the latest version of iTunes before installing this update.
- Download the 1.8.1 update from the Minecraft PE website.
- Open the .mcworld file and it will automatically be added to your game.
Have fun playing Minecraft PE 1.8.1!
Minecraft PE updates 1.8.1 FAQ:
Make sure you’re using the latest version of iTunes and try downloading the update again. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your device and then installing the update. If you’re still having problems, contact Minecraft PE support.
The 1.8.1 update should be automatically added to your game the next time you open it. If it’s not there, make sure you’ve installed the update correctly.
The 1.8.1 update added a few features and made various changes and bug fixes. For more information, see the ‘What’s new in Minecraft PE 1.8.1’ section above.
If you’re experiencing any problems with the 1.8.1 update, make sure to contact Minecraft PE support.