Is there anything I need to know before downloading Minecraft PE 1.5.0?
The 1.5.0 update for Minecraft Pocket Edition brought a lot of new features and changes, including:
- The addition of the Nether Update
- New biomes, blocks, and items
- Redesigned Nether portals
- New game rules
- Updated loading screens with tips
- Various UI changes and fixes
- Performance improvements
Make sure to back up your world before updating, as some old versions may not be compatible with the new update. For more information on the 1.5.0 update, check out the official Minecraft Wiki article.
Minecraft PE 1.5.0 fixes:
- fixed an issue with boats not being able to be used on some iOS devices
- made it so that the ‘Use Item’ and ‘Attack’ buttons are no longer swapped on the touch screen control help menu
- fixed a crash that could happen when trading with a villager
- fixed some rendering issues with transparent blocks
- fixed an issue with being unable to see some players’ nametags when they’re far away
- made it so that burning entities make the ‘burning sound’ again
- fixed a crash that could happen when destroying a bed while someone is sleeping in it
How to install Minecraft PE 1.5.0?
To install the Minecraft PE 1.5.0 update you need to do the following:
1. Download the update file from the link above.
2. Unzip the file to your /sdcard/ directory. If you don’t have a /sdcard/ directory, create one.
3. Open up Minecraft PE, and go to Settings > Global resources > Resource packs.
4. Select the resource pack you just downloaded, and select “Apply”.
5. Start playing! The new features should now be available in your game.
Minecraft PE updates 1.5.0 FAQ:
The update was released on December 11, 2018
Some of the major new features include:
– The Nether Update: Adds a whole new dimension to explore, with new blocks, items, and mobs
– Foxes: A new friendly mob that can be tamed and bred
– Pillager Outposts: New structures that generate in the world, home to pillagers and their illager beasts
Yes, there are many other changes and bug fixes, including:
– New achievements
– Improved map rendering
– Better performance on lower-end devices
– Various bug fixes and improvements
For a full list of changes, see the Minecraft PE 1.5.0 patch notes.
We hope this FAQ has been helpful. If you have any other questions about the Minecraft PE 1.5.0 update, feel free to ask us in the comments below!